COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Pfizer, Moderna, and Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters are available!
Moreland Plaza Pharmacy has all three COVID-19 Vaccines available for first dose, second dose, and booster dose. Any of the three vaccines can be used as a booster dose no matter what vaccine you received for your initial series.
Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for patients ages 5-11 is also available. Please book appointment for “Pfizer Ages 5-11”
-Who is Moreland Plaza Pharmacy?
- Moreland Plaza Pharmacy is an independent pharmacy in Waukesha. We are the last locally owned and operated pharmacy in Waukesha and one of only 3 left in Waukesha County. We are a registered COVID-19 vaccine provider in Wisconsin and have administered over 3,000 doses of vaccines.
-Who are you vaccinating?
- By state rule, we are currently vaccinating eligible patients only, which now includes all Wisconsin residents 5 years of age and older. If you are not eligible yet, please do not sign up for an appointment.
-Am I eligible for a booster shot or 3rd dose?
- As of October 21, 2021, the following conditions apply to those wishing to receive a booster or third dose of COVID-19 vaccine:
- Janssen – Any person who completed the primary series of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen’s COVID-19 vaccine can receive a booster dose at least 2 months after the primary series completion. Any COVID-19 vaccine brand can be used for the booster dose.
- Pfizer or Moderna – A person who completed the primary series of Pfizer’s or Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines can receive a booster dose at least 6 months after the primary series completion if they meet any one of the following criteria. Any COVID-19 vaccine brand can be used for the booster dose.
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
- Prior to receiving a third dose of vaccine, you will be required to sign an eligibility attestation stating that one of the above conditions applies to you.
- If you are eligible to receive a third dose of vaccine, please use the scheduling app above and select that you wish to receive a third dose of vaccine.
- If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact our pharmacy at 262-542-4488.
-Do I need an appointment for a vaccine?
- Yes, we are vaccinating by appointment only. Appointments can be made using the link on our website.
-How much do I have to pay to get a COVID-19 vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccines are provided to all eligible persons free of charge, regardless of insurance status.
-How are you scheduling appointments?
- We are administering COVID-19 vaccines on most weekdays and Saturdays. The link above will have the most up-to-date availability schedule. Appointments will be first come, first served, and to be made through the app only.
-I have an appointment for a Moreland Plaza Pharmacy Vaccine Clinic. Is there anything special I should know?
- Please review the text and email confirmations that you will be sent after your appointment is scheduled. If you do not see an email, please check your Spam folder. If you do not get a text and email, you do not have an appointment.
- Please come to the clinic at your scheduled appointment time. To help with social distancing, please do not arrive early.
- Please bring your Driver’s License, COVID-19 Vaccine Record Card, and your current insurance cards (Medical and Prescription). If you are 65 or older, please bring your red/white/blue Medicare card or provide the last 4 digits of your social security number when checking in.
- Following your vaccination and per CDC rules, you are asked to remain in our waiting area for 15 minutes to be monitored for any issues.
- Your entire clinic visit will be approximately 30 minutes.